A Vancouver man is warning secondhand shoppers after he says he found what appeared to be a used syringe inside a boot at a Metro Vancouver Value Village. “I just froze. I thought, ‘What just happened?’” he said. “I reached into the boot because I knew there was something in there and I pulled out a syringe and, as soon as I pulled it out, I looked and I just dropped it. “Was I jabbed, pricked? I don’t know … I just know when I put my foot in, there was a needle there.” He then went to hospital, where he said he was told he’d need several blood tests over the coming year, including screenings for HIV, Hepatitis C and Hepatitis B. According to the Canadian Pediatric Society, as of 2018, there had only been two cases of Hepatitis B and three cases of Hepatitis C infection ever recorded from contamination by a needle disposed of in the community. In a statement, Value Village spokesperson Sara Gaugl said the company takes the safety of products on the floor seriously. “Value Village store employees are trained to carefully evaluate each item placed on our sales floors,” she said. “Our store team has been briefed on the incident, and we’re in the process of gathering addition...